The Statue of Unity, the World’s Tallest Statue, is the most enticing and exciting place. The Statue of Unity is a tribute to the Ironman of India, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel. You can book a cab to enjoy the comfortable journey from Ahmedabad.
You can enjoy the magnificent view of the Sardar Sarovar Dam, Valley of flower, Butterfly park, Cactus garden, spectacular view of surroundings from the top of the viewing gallery, and Laser projection show in the evening.
Day Trip to The Statue of Unity from Ahmedabad
The Statue of Unity is around 200 km away from Ahmedabad. A journey usually takes 3-5 hours one way. There is no direct bus or train from Ahmedabad to reach Sardar Sarovar Dam, Kevadia-Narmada, or the Statue of Unity. Hence, it is advisable to book a cab.
Things to know about the Statue of Unity
Statue of Unity is open from 8 am to 6 pm every Tuesday to Sunday. The monument is closed on Mondays. The light show/ laser show is from 7 pm to 8 pm on the same days.
Statue of Unity entry fee includes a visit to the Valley of flowers, memorial, museum, audiovisual gallery, the Statue of Unity (SOU) site and Sardar Sarovar Dam. An additional fee required for the Viewing Gallery. Get the statue of unity stay packages to reduce your time waiting in the queue and the full excess of the site.
There is cleanliness around the area. There are many entry gates hence are never crowded. The wheelchairs are available from the entry gate for the differently-abled and elderly folks. There are gardens on the sides, a well-shaded area and a huge sitting area to reach the ticket checking point.
- Do not carry any food items, as it is not allowed inside the Statue premises.
- Try to visit the place as early as possible during the weekend, if you are on the Normal ticket. However, the express ticket holder can explore from 3 pm onwards.
- Try to visit the Statue of Unity between Tuesday to Friday as it is overcrowded at the weekend.
- Visitors can not bring any cameras inside the Statue of Unity.
- Small bags and purses are allowed inside, but backpacks and snacks are to be kept in a cloakroom.
Other things to know about the Statue of Unity and its premises
Statue of Unity height is 597 feet, which is twice the height of the Statue of Liberty and easily surpasses the 420-foot Spring Temple Buddha, previously the tallest structure, in Henan, China. The Statue of Unity was designed by the sculptor Ram Vanji Sutar. Larsen and Toubro constructed it. India spent Rs 2,989 crore ($430 million) (state funds and centre funds combined) to build the Statue of Unity. The monument was constructed with structural steel, reinforced steel, bronze, and concrete. Statue has engineered a triple-layered structure capable of withstanding the severe wind velocity of up to 180 km per hour and resisting earthquakes measuring up to 6.5 Richter scales.
There are four viewing levels:
- Ground level: has elevators that take 200 visitors to the viewing point at 500 feet. This level also has a memorial and gallery dedicated to Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- First floor: This is the Terrace of the gallery and does not have anything in particular but is a good viewing point.
- Second floor: This takes you to the feet of Sardar Patel and lets you surprise looking at the modern architectural marvel.
- Viewing gallery: allows you a 360-degree view of the surroundings of the statue from a height of 500 feet.
Tent city near the Statue of Unity
Tent City near the Statue of Unity offers you luxurious and well-equipped tents with modern amenities. It has a wide range of tents with economical or lavish accommodation. Enhance your experience by staying in spacious cottages with modern amenities like a double bed, an ensuited bathroom, air conditioning, seating area, Television, Tea/coffee maker and veranda that overlooks the luxuriant green gardens. Visitors can get all types of hospitality and facilities over the statue of unity tent stay.
The nearby attractions that you can take a tour
- Sardar Sarovar Dam
- Butterfly Garden
- Cactus Garden
- Nilkanth Dham
- Rajavant Palace
- Shoolpaneshwar Wildlife Sanctuary
- Zarwani Waterfalls and cycling tour
- Valley of Flowers
The travel-enthusiastic people must visit the Statue of Unity and stay at the Tent City to discover all the attractions within the premises and visit the nearby places.